Friday, February 10, 2012

I can learn!

Today Amelia made me learn that things change. I don't want to have a house full of child-proofed cabinets. I'd rather teach her some things are not hers. Now I clean mainly with vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. If she gets her little hands on it, it might be unpleasant, but not toxic. I'm so smug about her amazing understanding that I tend to get lulled into complacency. UNTIL she does little things like reach for that bottle WITH A TWIST-ON CAP and oops! Did I think yesterday was a fluke? Hellooo, lady, she's a baby, she doesn't have Alzheimer's! Just as I finished drying her after her bath, too. Did I mention she's growing and her arms have a pretty good reach?
Ahh, the awesome aroma of vinegar. I'm sure I've learned my lesson and I'll keep the vinegar stashed where she can't just unscrew the cap. Maybe I'll even put a lock on the cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment